At Patrician Brothers’ College, Sport is a key pathway for fostering students’ spirituality and the Patrician charism.
Whilst pursuing their passion for Sport, the sporting arena provides an opportunity where students can actively learn and practise gospel values.
Aims of Sport at Patrician Brothers’ College
- Provide opportunities for all students to gain an appreciation of the fundamental principles of physical activity, a healthy lifestyle and the benefits of team sport
- Actively promote and strengthen school spirit, teamwork and the development of enduring friendships through student involvement in sports programs
- Offer specifically tailored programs and opportunities to students who are passionate about sport and wish to explore development pathways
- Provide quality coaching and leadership through our experienced team of sports staff, supplemented by links with sporting bodies and specialist coaching consultants
- Fully utilise the outstanding on-site sports facilities at Patrician Brothers’ College.
General Sporting Programmes Offered
Timetabled Personal Development/Health/Physical Education and weekly Thursday Afternoon Sport is accessible to all students in Years 7- 10, ensuring access to sporting opportunities at the College.
Parramatta Diocese Secondary Schools Sports Council (PDSSSC) Sport: Patrician Brothers’ College normally fields sports teams in Rugby League, Athletics, Swimming, Cross Country, Football (Soccer), Cricket, Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, Rugby, Touch Football and various other sports. The PDSSSC is a strong and well-established competition that provides quality weekday competition for students at all year levels, throughout the year. In addition, the College fields teams in other relevant state and national competitions as the opportunity arises.
Academic Learning Pathways
At Patrician Brothers’ College, we seek to provide academic learning programmes that engage the interests and passions that our students have for sport and can assist in preparing them for pathways and competition.